About the Program
The primary objectives of the CIHR Strategic Training Program in Public Health Policy are:
- To build capacity in public health policy research and practice;
- To provide trainees and mentors with an environment and resources that support learning across disciplines and substantive areas, with value placed on ethics, knowledge translation and exchange, and the cultivation of professional skills;
- To foster collaborative research across mentors and with trainees; and
- To contribute to more effective public health policy through collaborations with government and voluntary-sector public health policy leaders and agents of change.
The training program will provide a platform for acquiring knowledge, skills and experience related to public health policy, assisting trainees to develop an ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in other disciplines and professions through the following components:
- Required courses in public health policy
- Training and Research Pods
- Monthly public health policy rounds
- Annual summer institute
- Executive exchanges and interchanges
- Public health policy action teams
- Public forums and/or other knowledge exchange activities with the community.
See Program Components for more details.
2014-2015 Collaborative Program and CIHR Strategic Training Program in Public Health Policy